A piece created around the words written by Katie Grant (Poetic Mind)
Are you running your social media accounts or are they running you? The demand to #LiveYourBestLife for social media and be like /share / follow-worthy can rob you of your sense of agency and perspective. SOS delve into a cyber world exploring the pros and cons of how social media can affect todays society
An individual loses their identity through following what they deem to be “socially acceptable” due to the portrayal of social media sites. Being robbed of their identity and fighting to get it back. Will they win the battle?
Are we human or are we becoming robots to the world of technology?
Further Accomplishments / Training / workshops
- 2019 – Boy Blue Entertainment / Galen Hooks Programme / Sadlers Wells Workshops / Dance East / HDI Dance Camp
- 2018 – Two months training in L.A / Artist 4 Artists training programs / Workshops with Galen Hooks, JoJo Gomez, Kimberly Wyatt
- 2001 – Present – Freelance and open classes
- Co principle at SOS Dance. Creating multiple dance pieces that have travelled around the UK.
- Multiple stage performances
- Trained in L.A with top choreographers and selected to perform in promotional videos
- Delivery of street dance routines for the UKA dance competition and placing first. Also choreographing duets and solos with students placing in the top three.
- Finalist for Nike Dance Competition
- Guest performance for King Of Pop – The Legend Continues ft Navi
- Innovative and creative choreography input into original Dance Fitness Classes
- Collaborative work with Saran Kholi, creating a duet for Molecules of a Dream, performed at The Place for Resolutions. Also working with artistic director Rikkai Scott, BDblaq Dance and Richard Burton, Xtreme Dance Group .
- Planning, choreographing and directing dance shows and music videos